Sunday, April 26, 2015

Colors of Life!

Mili- Do you believe in miracles Joey?

Joey- I don't rule them out completely. But then, I don't have any reason to believe in them too. I mean, I've never experienced anything in life yet that I can call a 'miracle'.

Mili - Really?

Joey - You make it sound as if you see a miracle everyday M. You remember last year when Rizvi's younger brother went into coma? Remember how we all prayed? The young one still died right. It would have been a miracle had he lived.

Mili: Life and death are not in our hands na Joey. But did you notice how Rizvi underwent a complete transformation post the tragedy? He used to be a back-bencher Joey. He came second in the University this year! Isn't that a miracle?

Joey: What's the miracle in that? It is strong resolve and a sense of responsibility. He matured overnight with that incident and became the support system of the family. It doesnt qualify as a miracle to me. That way, every day is a miracle!

Mili: Hmm... tell me something Joey. Do you consider me your friend now?

Joey: (Laughs) What kind of a question is that? And you expect me to answer it!!

Mili: Obviously. Had I asked this same question two years back, wouldnt the answer be different?

Joey: Let's not go back Mili. I've buried the past.

Mili: Precisely my point Joey. In the last 3 months, did I even talk about this or try to bring this up?

Joey: No, and don't ever.

Mili: Okay, I am sorry. I won't. But let me tell you this - the fact that we meet and talk as friends everyday is a miracle for me. It is a miracle because I had lost this friend for two years and I could do nothing about it. I had hope and faith that we would be together again. It took time, but it happened.

Joey: You're so emotional Mili!

Mili: Miracles happen Joey. All we need to do is keep our eyes open.

1 comment: